- The Homes of Samuel & Eliza Moore
- "Moore" Facts About Mooresville & Samuel & Eliza Moore
- Miscellaneous Notes on Samuel Moore
- Immediate Family Tree of Samuel & Eliza Moore
- Self-Guided Walking Tour of Historic Downtown Mooresville
- Old Settlers Picnic, Parade, and Festival
Saturday, February 20, 2016
Celebrate Mooresville's Heritage Program #1: Samuel Moore, Town Founder
This afternoon (Saturday, February 20, 2016) we held our first Celebrate Mooresville's Heritage program, featuring town founder Samuel Moore. (Click here to see other upcoming programs in the series.) Below are some photos from today's event. We also have digitized handouts distributed at the program (click the following links):
There is more information about Samuel and Eliza Moore available on our local history web page. Just scroll down until you see the Moores' section.
At the program we featured a dramatic portrayal of Samuel Moore addressing the Old Settlers Picnic in August, 1885.
"Narration" of Samuel Moore at the Old Settlers Picnic (August, 1885)
There was cake, sherbet punch, souvenirs, and everything! Click the photos to enlarge.